“Alpha” is an opportunity to explore life and the Christian faith in a friendly, open and informal environment. Alpha at Christ UMC includes either a meal or dessert, a short talk and a time for small group discussion where group members can share their thoughts. Alpha covers topics like: “Who is Jesus?,” “Why and How do I Pray?,” and “How Can I Resist Evil?”
This video will help you better understand what Alpha is about
IS ALPHA FOR ME?
Though the course is open to everyone, it is especially geared to:
- People who have questions about life, faith, and our purpose here on earth
- Newcomers to Christ UMC interested in a short-term small group experience
- People who have questions about Christianity
- Christians who want to brush up on the basics in order to be better witnesses
- Non-believers or Nominal Believers who are interested in Christianity
When Does Alpha Meet?
Sundays (beginning January 21 and ending April 15)
4:00-6:00 pm at Christ UMC (Children's Programming offered)
Alpha will begin with 20 minutes of worship in the Sanctuary led by Jerry House followed by a video-based talk. After the talk, dessert will be served, and participants will break into small groups to discuss the talk.
Children's and Youth Choir will take place from 4:00-5:00 pm, and we will provide programming for the children from 5:00-6:00 pm.