Sundays, 4:00-6:00 pm (Children's and Youth Programming offered)
Open to all adults
“Alpha” is an opportunity to explore life and the Christian faith in a friendly, open and informal environment. Alpha at Christ UMC includes either a meal or dessert, a short talk and a time for small group discussion where group members can share their thoughts. Alpha covers topics like: “Who is Jesus?,” “Why and How do I Pray?,” and “How Can I Resist Evil?”
This video will help you better understand what Alpha is about
IS ALPHA FOR ME?
Though the course is open to everyone, it is especially geared to:
- People who have questions about life, faith, and our purpose here on earth and honestly, isn't that all of us?
- Newcomers to Christ UMC interested in a short-term small group experience
- People who have questions about Christianity
- Christians who want to brush up on the basics in order to be better witnesses
- Non-believers or Nominal Believers who are interested in Christianity
The topics Alpha covers are:
Is There More to Life Than This?
Who Is Jesus
Why Did Jesus Die?
How Can We Have Faith?
Why and How Do I Pray?
Why and How Should I Read the Bible?
How Does God Guide Us?
How Can I Resist Evil?
Why and How Should I Tell Others?
Does God Heal Today?
What about the Church?
In the middle of the 11-week study, there will be a one-day “Holy Spirit Retreat” at the church. During that 7-hour session, we will cover the following question: Who Is the Holy Spirit?; What Does the Holy Spirit Do?; How Can I Be Filled with the Holy Spirit?; and How Can I Make the Most of the Rest of My Life?
You can learn more about Alpha at Alpha USAs website here
We look forward to sharing Alpha with you!